Business Analyst, Guildford Full-time, Permanent
As a critical member of our team you will have a strong attention to detail and a real passion for delivery. You will inspire clients, delivering a variety of projects ranging from immersive experiences to mobile applications. The day-to-day role typically includes the following:
You will work with the team and the client directly to understand the client’s overall business objectives and strategies and how their digital project fits into their overall business strategy. Identify the skills necessary, functionality required and lead cross-functional teams (design, technology, etc.) in the delivery of digital projects for our clients. Develop project scope documents including but not limited to sitemaps, wireframes, functional and technical specifications, manage the development process to minimise scope creep and ensure on-time and on-budget delivery, involving Diverse Interactive management in issue resolution as necessary. Attend (and in some cases lead) UX and Information Architect workshops and other discovery sessions to develop business requirements for projects. Communicate those requirements to the delivery team and ensure that solutions meet those requirements. Manage the development of new interactive products as necessary.
Personal Development and Operational
Keep on top of trends in digital and UX through reading appropriate industry publications, Websites, and email lists as well as through attendance at conferences. Work with the technical lead and other team members on process improvements, and other initiatives designed to improve the effectiveness and quality of Interactive delivery within the agency.
Who you are
- You need to be a highly motivated, organised and passionate person that is willing to tackle demanding tasks and take responsibility for actions, using your initiative to make suggestions and working to make things happen. You will need a strong desire to learn and to share your knowledge with your team. In addition, you need to be flexible enough to adapt your approach to different team members, helping to motivate others and inspire a positive attitude.
- You must excel at delivery, with a keen ability to define project objectives including expectations and deadlines and monitor the progress of your projects against targets. You will use your strong oral and written communication skills to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders on your projects. You will be a good listener, but also highly persuasive, using facts, clear arguments and personal conviction to influence and persuade others.
- You will also be a very strategic thinker that can create clear action plans with realistic timescales, a self-motivated individual that manages your own time effectively and meets deadlines. You will maintain your customer focus, balancing the demands of a variety of customers, and taking pride in the quality of your output in addition to the completion of the task.
- Lastly, you will be a very results-oriented individual, anticipating client needs, spotting opportunities to deliver value to our clients. To do this, you will have a clear understanding of our business environment, competitors, products, services, suppliers and pricing structures.
- A basic understanding of the latest technologies (you do not need to be able to code!).
- A strong understanding of UX, IA, user behaviour online (desktop, mobile and tablet) and best practise as well as thinking in this area.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams (including creative and technology), by setting project objectives and managing to them
- Ability to interact with clients at a variety of levels and across functions, manage client expectations and deal with scope or project changes
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Experience in testing the front & back end of websites and web applications against scope on multiple browsers and devices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet tools, including Web browsers, project management systems, and CRMs
- 1-3 years of previous experience managing interactive/Web projects, including estimation and project plan development
- Previous agency or consulting experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience through the entire lifecycle of digital development from Information Architecture to prototyping, to user testing to internal testing and bug-fixing
Skills you'll need
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to present in front of large groups Team building and interpersonal skills
To be considered for the role please email email@example.com